Request For Proposal
Allegany County, a rural community of approximately 50,000 people located in the westerly portion of New York State's southern tier, has issued this Request for Proposals for services encompassing the sale and marketing of economic development opportunities within Allegany County to out of County businesses and individuals. The County is seeking an independent contractor to provide such services for an initial term of sixteen months with the possibility of extending the contract for additional one year periods. The individual(s) providing such service would work with the Allegany County Economic Development Team under the direction of the Planning and Economic Committee of the County Board of Legislators. In particular, it is anticipated that such services would, at a minimum entail the following:
• Serving as the County's contracted first point of contact for out of County economic development related activities - including, but not necessarily limited to, working directly with:
-Allegany County Economic Development Team Leader
- Allegany County Director of Economic Development
- Allegany County Industrial Development Agency and Commercial Incentive Board
• Chamber of Commerce
- Allegany County Tourism
- County Planner
- Business Advisory Group(s)
- Others as directed by the Allegany County Administrator
• Assisting with internal efforts to identify and leverage opportunities to locate new businesses and industries to Allegany County;
• Delivering programs, procedures, policies and promotional materials on a regional, national and international basis each designed to make Allegany County an attractive place for businesses and industries to locate;
• Developing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with local, regional, state and federal economic development councils and entities engaged in economic development;
• Developing and regularly reporting on the progress of annual business and industry activity and growth objectives;
• Assisting the Allegany County Economic Development Team Leader in developing monthly and quarterly economic development progress reports and presentations to the Allegany County Planning and Development Committee. Services will be compensated on a monthly basis based upon an agreed upon fee. Various pre-approved expenses incurred in the delivery of such services will be reimbursed.
A masters or bachelors level degree in business is preferred. Demonstrated experience in marketing and sales is an essential requirement for such work. Familiarity with municipal economic development issues and initiatives is highly desirable.
Interested parties should submit their proposal to include a description of their job qualifications, work history and references to:
Mitchell M. Alger, County Administrator
7 Court St.
Belmont, NY 14813
The last day for receipt of a proposal is: Wednesday, December 31, 2014