"We have made great strides in reducing New York's uninsured rate," said NY State of Health Executive Director, Donna Frescatore. "The new Essential Plan for 2016 has helped bridge the gap for lower income individuals and families allowing many New Yorkers, including young adults, to get affordable health coverage through the Marketplace."
The breakdown of NY State of Health enrollees as of January 31, 2016, the end of open enrollment, is as follows:
- Total enrollment: 2,833,823
- Total Medicaid enrollment: 1,966,920
- Total non-Medicaid enrollment: 866,903
- Essential Plan: 379,559
- Qualified Health Plan: 271,964
- Child Health Plus: 215,380