The National Weather Service in Buffalo has issued a Winter Storm Watch... which is in effect from Monday evening through Tuesday evening.
* Locations... Monroe... Livingston... Ontario... and Allegany counties.
* Timing... from early Monday evening through early Tuesday evening.
* Hazards... heavy snow mixing with some sleet.
* Accumulations... 5 to 10 inches are possible.
* Winds... south 10 to 20 mph.
* Visibilities... less than a quarter mile at times.
* Impacts... heavy snow mixed with some sleet may result in very difficult travel conditions. The worst travel conditions may occur around the time of the Tuesday morning commute.
* Forecaster confidence... low to medium. There remains a great deal of uncertainty with respect to dominant precipitation type with temperatures near the freezing mark.
WARREN-MCKEAN-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WARREN...BRADFORD
232 PM EST SUN FEB 14 2016
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING.
* SNOW CCUMULATIONS...AROUND 6 INCHES.
* ICE ACCUMULATIONS...A TRACE.
* TIMING...SNOW WILL DEVELOP ON MONDAY AND CONTINUE INTO MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY...POSSIBLY MIXING WITH SOME SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN MONDAY NIGHT OR EARLY TUESDAY.
* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS
POTTER- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...COUDERSPORT...
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM MONDAY TO 7 AM EST TUESDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM MONDAY TO 7 AM EST TUESDAY.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...2 TO 4 INCHES.
* ICE ACCUMULATIONS...AROUND A TENTH OF AN INCH...WITH SLIGHTLY HIGHER AMOUNTS IN THE SOUTHERN ALLEGHENIES AND LAUREL HIGHLANDS.
* TIMING...SNOW WILL DEVELOP ON MONDAY AND TRANSITION TO A WINTRY MIX OF SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN MONDAY NIGHT BEFORE CHANGING OVER TO PLAIN RAIN BY TUESDAY.
* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS.