Saturday, March 19, 2016

Cuba Lake cottage damaged by fire

An electrical malfunction has been listed as the cause of a fire that damaged a cottage Friday night on West Shore Road in Cuba. The alarm rang in at 9:25 p.m. and moments later thirty-four members and three fire chiefs were responded. At the time, the fire hall was filled with members participating in a fundraising event. Upon arrival, a fire chief reported a working fire in a 30 x 40 foot cottage. The Chief said crews found a fire going up an exterior wall and extending into the attic of the structure. Mutual aid was called in from Friendship, New Hudson, Clarksville, Cuba Ambulance, Cuba PD, DC 2, FI 5, FI 13, and District 1 FAST Team. Clarksville Fire and Belfast Fire departments also established standby crews. No injuries were reported. Cuba fire units returned to service above two hours later.  Photo courtesy of Cuba Fire Department.