ALLEGANY COUNTY BOARD OF LEGISLATORS
AGENDA – May 23, 2016
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE
FLAG – former United States Navy Petty Officer
Third Class BM3 Larry R. Adams
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
1. Board Meeting Minutes of May 9, 2016 – motion to approve
2. Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes of May 9, 2016 – motion to approve
3. Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes of May 10, 2016 – motion to approve
PRIVILEGE OF THE FLOOR:
1. Chairman Curtis W. Crandall – Presentation of Certificate to United States Navy Petty Officer Third Class BM3 Larry R. Adams
2. Public Health Director Lori Ballengee – Cancer Services’ 10th Anniversary
3. Office for the Aging Director Madeleine Gasdik – Older American’s Month
ON THE DESKS:
1. June 2016 Calendar
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS, REPORTS,
1. The Belmont American Legion Auxiliary Post 808 has poppies for sale to benefit disabled Veterans.
2. Invitation to attend Legislative Intern Model Session on June 6 at 10:30 a.m.
3. Invitation to attend Greater Allegany County Chamber Business at Hours at the Ball Park hosted by the Regional Ventures in Economic Revitalization Group on May 28.
4. Reminder of next Fire Advisory Board meeting on Thursday, May 26, at 8 p.m. in Room 122 of the Public Safety Building.
5. Reminder of Big Moose Golf Classic on June 11 that will help fund three scholarships in former Legislator Ted Hopkins’ name.
6. Correspondence from Village of Belmont Mayor Terrance Schmelzer thanking the Board for accepting the Village’s proposal to purchase a vacant lot on Schuyler Street.
1. Chairman Crandall’s Proclamation Declaring May 15 as Peace Officers’ Memorial Day and May 15 through May 21, 2016, as Police Week in Allegany County.
2. Chairman Crandall’s Proclamation Declaring May 2016 as Older American’s Month in Allegany County.
3. Chairman Crandall’s Proclamation Declaring May 2016 as Mental Health Month in Allegany County.
4. Chairman Crandall’s Proclamation Declaring May 2016 as Foster Care Month in Allegany County.
1. Resolution Intro. Nos. 126-16 through 141-16 (Please note that Resolution Intro. Nos. 138-16 through 141-16 were not pre-filed and will require a 2/3 vote to consider from the floor.)