Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Coudersport home damaged by fire
An early morning fire Tuesday has left a Coudersport family temporarily homeless. The fire, at 109 East Third Street, was called in at 2:19 a.m. after the Wenzell family was awakened by smoke. They called 911 and escaped the house. Fire Chief Bryan Phelps said the blaze was confined primarily to a single room on the second floor. The fire was brought under control within minutes. After first being assisted by the Red Cross, the family is now staying with relatives. Phelps said damaged was estimated between $25-30,000. He said the cause of the fire was determined to be electrical in nature.
at 3:22:00 AM