The library will be closed on Monday, May 30th, in observance of Memorial Day.
The library is holding a Father’s Day basket raffle. Tickets are $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00 and are available at the library. The basket was donated by Zippo and includes a lighter, hand warmer and other items. The winner will be drawn on Monday, June 13th. The library would like to thank Zippo for such a generous contribution!
Join us on Monday, May 16th, at 6:30 p.m. for "Herbs & Essential Oils" class with Helene Nawrocki. Helene will teach about the use of herbs and essential oils in cooking, cleaning, and health support. Stop by or call the library at 814-697-6691 to sign up or for more information.
“Sing, Dance, Play” classes are a creative, hands-on music program for babies, toddlers & preschoolers with Rachel Bell. The last 2 classes will take place on May 23rd, and June 6th at 10:30 a.m. for those that are already registered. This program is sponsored by a grant from the Potter County Commissioners.
Check out the Shinglehouse Community Calendar page at https://teamup.com/ksf4b2b24ce5d1bb0a. Here you will find community events taking place in the Shinglehouse area. If your organization would like to be added to the calendar please call the library at 814-697-6691 or email email@example.com.
Oswayo Valley Memorial Library is a participant in PA Forward. PA Forward is an initiative for libraries to become community centers of information, technology, and learning that will help advance educational and economic opportunities for Pennsylvania citizens. One of the ways that libraries help do that is through civic and social literacy. Libraries provide help with civic and social literacy by providing:
● Downloadable ebooks, audiobooks, videos, etc. that reflect society’s historic and contemporary issues and topics of interest to communities and individuals
● Databases that support inquiry into historic and contemporary topics and issues
● eLink portal to government resources and information
● eLink portal to current news and issues
● Online language tutorials
● AskHerePA online, live question and answer services staffed by information professionals
● Digital archives of state and local history
● Broadband Internet access and rapid delivery of materials from remote locations
Memorials & Donations: Sue Pire from Alexander & Alice Cole. A donation was received from Bonnie Surra.
Ongoing Programming: The following ongoing monthly program events are open to everyone. For more information, call the library at 814-697-6691.
● Stitch Together Knit and Crochet Group: every Wednesday 6-8 p.m.
● Family History Research group & Researching the History of Education in the Oswayo Valley: 2nd Friday of the month, 1:00 p.m.
● Book discussion: 3rd Monday of the month, 1-3:30 p.m.
● Writer’s Guild: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 6:30 p.m.
Audio & eBooks for Download: We have eBooks and audiobooks that are available through our website that you can download onto your eReader and MP3 player. Go to our website www.ovmlibrary.org and click on “Download Books”. You will need your library card number to log in. If you have any problems please call or stop by the library for assistance.
Website: You can see what events are happening at the library and search the card catalog by visiting our website at www.ovmlibrary.org. You can also log into your account and renew books you have out or put a book on reserve.
Facebook: “Like” our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ovmlibrary) to keep informed of events happening at the library.
Twitter: You can follow us on Twitter @OVLibrary.
Board of Trustees Meeting: The library board meets on the 4th Monday of each month at 4:00 p.m. The public is encouraged to attend.