Pages

Friday, October 28, 2016

Obituary: Nakia Y. Muniz, 41, Hornell

Nakia Y. Muniz, 41, of Howard St., passed away Thursday (October 27, 2016) at her parents’ home in Hornell.
Born in Brooklyn, NY, December 12, 1974, the daughter of Russell and Marilyn (Holman) Mobiley, she had resided in Queens, NY until her move to Hornell 4 years ago. Nakia was employed by Steuben ARC as a Care Giver. She enjoyed computers and playing computer games. Nakia was a loving daughter and a loving mother.
She was predeceased by her paternal grandparents and her maternal grandfather.
She is survived by her parents, Russell and Marilyn Mobiley of Hornell, 1 son, Gilberto Muniz of Hornell, 3 daughters, Asha Alexander, Jayda Muniz and Gabrielle Muniz all of Hornell, maternal grandmother, Cynthia Bradley of South Carolina, 1 brother, Russell Mobiley of Hornell, 1 sister, Rushawna Mobiley of Canisteo, a nephew Jamari Mobiley, as well as a host of Aunts, Uncles and cousins.
To send a remembrance to the family, please visit www.brownandpowersfuneralhomes.com.  The family is being assisted by David W. Ames, Director.

The family will be present to receive friends Monday, October 31, 2016, from 11AM-1PM at the Bender - Brown & Powers Funeral Home, 354 Canisteo St, Hornell, where funeral services will follow calling at 1PM. Burial will be in Woodlawn Cemetery Canisteo.
“Heavenly Father, when I am tossed to and fro by life’s difficulties, I tend to allow fear and doubt to fill my mind. But when the storms pass and the sunshine returns, I look back in hindsight and can see clear evidence of Your guiding hand upon my life. I see Your incredible wisdom in the way You allowed me to grow through the experience. I see Your unceasing compassion in the way You preserved me and brought help. I see Your unfailing love in the good that came out of the bad. When I cry out to You, O Lord, I know You will answer. Your response may not be immediate, but I know it will come. I praise You for Your faithfulness to me in the past, and I know Your faithfulness to me will continue into the future.”