Monday, November 21, 2016
Fire damages popular Hammondsport Restaurant
Fire broke out just before 4 a.m. at the Snug Harbor Restaurant in Hammondsport. Fire Chief Bill Fries said the fire caused heavy damage to a porch area and the second floor dining area. He estimated damage at between $20,000-$25,000. The blaze was brought under control in less than 20 minutes and Fries said he was "very proud" of his department’s quick stop. "They made a Hell of a stop," he said. Extra help was called in from Bath, Wayne and Pulteney. Four cats were also saved. The Chief says the fire originated near a chimney. Despite the damage, Fries said the restaurant will be able to re-open. Firefighters returned to service at 5:45 a.m.
at 9:45:00 AM