Pages

Monday, November 28, 2016

Fired! Bath Utility Director tossed from job today

In surprising move, the village board in Bath this morning fired Guy Hallgren, the Director of Bath Electric, Gas and Water Systems. The vote was 4-1, with trustee Mike Sweet opposing the move. In a statement to RNN, Hallgren said "Well, I don't know how to react right now...some of the things I wanna say are better left unsaid. I tried to bring opportunity to the village...I tried to bring growth to the village...the village rejected it...that's all I got to say about it."
Hallgren took the lead job slightly more than two years ago. He says he has already received numerous job offers.
Meanwhile, Bath mayor Bill VonHagn  read a statement to us:
"The village board of trustees voted to terminate Mr. Hallgren's provisional appointment as Director of Bath Gas and Electric. There is no specific reason for the Board's action."
The top utility job remains unfilled.