Pages

Friday, November 4, 2016

Travel Advisory - I86 and I99 Interchange - Town of Erwin - Steuben County

TRAVEL ADVISORY
State Route I-86 and I-99 Interchange
Town of Erwin, Steuben County
The New York State Department of Transportation today announced that Interstate 86 eastbound and westbound and Interstate 99 northbound will be impacted by utility installation on Sunday, November 13, 2016 at approximately 6:30 a.m.  The work will be performed using a rolling roadblock to slow traffic.  The traffic slowdown is anticipated to last no more than 15 minutes.
Traffic on I-86 will be slowed to 15 mph by a rolling roadblock beginning approximately two miles east and west of the I-99 interchange.  Traffic on I-99 northbound will be slowed to 15 mph by a rolling roadblock beginning approximately two miles south of the I-99/I-86 interchange.
Traffic entering I-86 eastbound at Exit 43, I-86 westbound at Exit 44A and traveling on I-99 northbound to I-86 westbound may be held on the entrance ramp for a period of approximately 10 minutes before being released.
New York State Police will be assisting in traffic control.  Drivers are reminded to stay in their lane and remain alert for slowed traffic during the rolling roadblock operation.
Motorists are reminded that fines are doubled for speeding in a work zone.  In accordance with the Work Zone Safety Act of 2005, convictions of two or more speeding violations in a work zone could result in the suspension of an individual’s driver license.